Programme (here in pdf)
(08:30 - 09:00) Registration
- (09:00 - 09:05) Gérald Santucci, European Commission, "Welcome and Opening"
- (9:05 - 10:05) Bruce Perens, Sourcelabs, "Open Source infrastructures for economic development"
- (10:05 - 10:20) Q&A session to the Keynotes speakers, including on-line audience (questions from the crowd - on-line)
Research on Digital Ecosystems and Web Science
- (10:20 - 10:40) Harry Halpin, University of Edinburgh "The Web Science Research Initiative in USA and the European Web 2.0: Centralization or Decentralization?"
EU Research on Ecosystems: Achievements in FP6 and perspectives
- (10:40 - 10:50) Andrea Nicolai, T6, DBE and OPAALS projects, "The Digital Business Ecosystem": the vision, the strategy and its results"
- (10:50 - 11:00) Paolo Dini, London School of Economics, OPAALS project, "How fundamental science contributes to the vision of Digital Ecosystems"
(11:00 - 11:15) Coffee Break
Transfer of Results : Adoption Awards
- SME Digital Ecosystem adoption awards: the first three awarded SMEs
will present their De-based services and experience of DE adoption
- 1st prize
- 2nd prize
- 3rd prize
- Regional Digital Business Ecosystem deployment award : the awarded
region present its experience
- awarded regional business ecosystem
Round Table - Networks and Ecosystems of Innovation supporting SMEs and regional development: Perspectives from EU research
Chairperson and rapporteur: Henry Ryan
- (11:45 - 12:15) Round table speakers' introductory speeches,
panel composed of Members of the European Parliament (ITRE
- David Hammerstein (Greens)
- Patrizia Toia (ALDE)
- Umberto Guidoni (GUE/NGL)
- (12:15 - 12:45) Panel and floor discussion, including on-line audience
(12:45 - 14:00) Lunch Break
Science - Talks on Future perspectives of research
- (14:00 - 14:20) Francis Heylighen, Free University of Brussels, Dpt. of Philosophy, Centre Leo Apostel "Stigmergy: a fundamental paradigm for digital ecosystems?"
Deployment - Keynote TalksChairperson: Gérald Santucci, DG INFSO
- (14:20 - 14:40) Olga Memedovic, UNIDO, Private Sector Development Branch "DE and regional innovation systems as public goods for economic development"
- (14:40 - 15:00) Johannes Keizer, FAO, Information and Knowledge Management "Digital Ecosystem of Knowledge for Development in Agriculture, DEAL, the Indian case"
- (15:00 - 15:20) Q&A session to the Keynotes speakers, including on-line audience (questions from the crowd - on-line).
Deployment : Achievements and perspectives. Success stories of technological transfer and adoption: regional digital business ecosystems
- (15:20 - 15:35) Fernando A. Beltrán, Aragón Region
- (15:35 - 15:45) Paul Nash, West Midlands Region
Perspectives on regional development and community building
- (15:45 - 15:55) Javier Val and Silvano De Iesu, Presentation of REDEN: Regions for Digital Ecosystems Network
- (15:55 - 16:15) Q&A session (questions from the crowd - on-line).
(16:15 - 16:30) Coffee Break
Round Table - Digital Business Ecosystems as an instrument for supporting SMEs and local development
- (16:30 - 17:10) Panel composed by representatives of Regional Governmentes and Development Agencies and Innovation Agencies and experts
- Chairperson and rapporteur: Henry Ryan
- - Pierre Paradinas, INRIA
- Simon Lavin, Welsh Assembly Government
- Catriona Ward, Enterprise Ireland
- Carolina Marco Bellver, Generalitat Valenciana
- (17:10 - 17:30) Panel and floor discussion, including on-line audience.
(17:30) End of Conference
The conference were recorded and interpreted
in 5 languages;
The video of the speeches will be available for download in 5 languages by end of November.